During this online learning period, our pupils have been following their lessons using different tools to develop a wide range of knowledge areas and skills. One aspect that has been sadly missing, which is enormously important and popular, is the experience of sharing a book together.
In an effort to provide the children with something approximating the classroom shared reading experience, teachers have been filming themselves reading books for their pupils. In Prep 5 class, teachers have been sharing a story designed to appeal to children of all age groups, ‘Far Flung Adventures of Fergus Crane’ by Paul Stewart, illustrated by Chris Riddell.Prep 5 children have been enjoying the story already, but anyone is welcome to watch and listen on YouTube.
- Episode 1: https://youtu.be/lVdBz-eznSo
- Episode 2: https://youtu.be/6J-hjQdZPgY
- Episode 3: https://youtu.be/_U-wtInwr7w
- Episode 4: https://youtu.be/kfDOWErMEoU
- Episode 5: https://youtu.be/oU00Xbwu5x8
- Episode 6: https://youtu.be/mUb1KIga3NY
- Episode 7: https://youtu.be/_3gRND9IIxg
- Episode 8: https://youtu.be/q2ju9-aIoY0
- Episode 9: https://youtu.be/wU9kMQb_3GI
- Episode 10: https://youtu.be/dBY-3qFOYRU
- Episode 11: https://youtu.be/qEGUfgMW7JM
- Episode 12: https://youtu.be/q4Yo04iyCE8